Monday, February 16, 2009

Biker babes


just a few days into fall fashion week 2009, you can see some trends starting to emerge. exhibit a: the biker short. unlike it's early 90's counterpart (the next natural progression from mc hammer pants?), these are done in luxe fabrics that even includes crocodile. i'm gonna get a little crass here, but please forgive me and hear me out- anyone else see these and immediately cringe at the ridiculously high potential for a camel toe situation? eek. plus this type of shorts reminds me of axl rose and how one time he wore WHITE spandex biker shorts to perform on mtv in like 1991 and my next door neighbor heather, who was a few years older than me, was all a-flutter and making a fuss about it and i didn't get it. and she gave me this "you are SUCH a child look" (which killed me because i thought she was the coolest), and said "ohhh just wait! one day you'll understand!" but then when i was old enough to understand i just thought a man in spandex was sort of indecent and gross. let's all pray that this trend doesn't cross over shall we? 
 
(all pics courtesy of nymag.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment