Friday, March 13, 2009

laura laine






the only good article in the march nylon magazine (i was traveling, i was desperate, it was the only mag i hadn't read) was an article about fashion illustrators. a few pieces included by laura laine really struck me... i am positively in love with their dark romantic drama. these are definitely going to replace the balenciaga spring 2007 illustrations i have up on my walls currently. i really want to go on about the detail and dreaminess of her gothic wisps but i've been traveling and me brain no function no more right now...

(images via lauralaine.net)

2 comments:

  1. Nice art work!

    The tones remind me of my favorite fashion illustrator, George Stavrinos. But George's figures were both stylized and realistic. He was a HUGE influence on my fashion illustrations in school. Google him up one day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you fell in love. Very beautiful work.

    -Belkis

    ReplyDelete